Damar always welcomes applications, including speculative applications, from enthusiastic people who can help us to enhance the service that we provide to our customers. We particularly welcome applications from people with ethnic minority or other backgrounds that are currently underrepresented in our team.
All successful applicants will have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and job offers are conditional on a satisfactory check being carried out.
We currently have the following vacancies:
Do you enjoy...
- Helping businesses grow?
- Helping individuals develop rewarding, interesting careers?
- Being part of a team that is passionate about its work?
Damar has played a pivotal role in the development of legal apprenticeships in England and we work with a wide range of law firms and in-house legal teams helping them to introduce apprenticeship programmes for new and existing staff. Growing demand means that we are recruiting further trainer/assessors to serve employers and apprentices.
About the role
You will be responsible for a caseload of apprentices, most of whom will be employed with firms of solicitors and other employers in the legal sector. You will work with your apprentices and their employers, usually on-site at the employer, ensuring that your apprentices complete their qualifications successfully.
You may also have the opportunity to teach one or more of the specialist courses (contract law or land for example) to a cohort of apprentice students, primarily via webinar and e-tutorial.
It is essential that you:
- are a solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive or experienced paralegal. You will be (or have been until recently) in practice or in a legal teaching role.
- have appropriate English legal qualifications – eg, CILEx level 6, LLB, GDL.
- enjoy building relationships with a wide cross-section of people, from school leavers starting their first job to HR directors and partners.
- share our passion for helping apprentices and their employers achieve and progress.
- are highly organised and good at managing your time.
- have good GCSEs (or higher) in English and maths.
- are IT literate.
- have been a mentor or supervisor of other more junior fee-earners.
- have delivered training in-house to lawyers or legal apprentices.
- are comfortable attending legal sector networking events.
- enjoy presenting to groups – eg prospective and current apprentices, employers.
Teaching qualifications are an advantage but not a requirement – full training will be provided.
Place of work
Your principal place of work with be your home address but you will spend most of your time with your apprentices at their place of work (expenses are reimbursed). You will also visit our offices in Stockport regularly (usually monthly) for training and wider team meetings,
Essential Job Functions
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of your specialist qualification(s).
- Ensuring that your apprentices have clear training plans and that they and employers are kept up to date with progress.
- Where you are teaching a specialist programme, ensuring that training materials in your area are kept up to date.
- Delivery of training and assessment in accordance with Ofsted and awarding body requirements as well as our internal requirements.
- Identifying employer and student objectives and ensuring that training delivery exceeds those objectives.
- Delivering appropriate information, advice and guidance regarding work-based learning and progression routes.
- Playing your part as a member of the team – sharing best practice and supporting colleagues wherever possible.
- To comply with the requirements of our Employee Handbook.
- To promote the equality of opportunity within the organisation.
- Demonstrate commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners.
- Ability to work flexibly around changing business need.
- Possess a driving licence and have access to a car for work use.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may from time to time perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation
For a confidential initial chat, please contact Damar's Managing Director, Jonathan Bourne on 07768 056712, or email email@example.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Damar’s growing delivery team as a trainer. The role requires someone with the passion to help people succeed in their chosen career. With good industry experience, you will use your own knowledge to develop and coach students through their work based qualification, resulting in end assessment to check skills and knowledge are embedded.
Preferably you will have some knowledge of Apprenticeships and may hold the A1 assessor award (or equivalent) although this is not a requirement as full training will be given. The desire to learn is essential.
This is a full time post and we offer a competitive basic salary (depending on experience).
Own car required. Willingness to travel is a must, as most of Damar’s delivery is conducted on site at our employers.
- Be organised and methodical in your approach.
- Have excellent communication skills, essentially face to face.
- Be professional, personal and approachable in your dealings with students, employers and colleagues.
- Be well presented- essentially you will be the “face” of Damar; employers and students often get to know you and you only so therefore to them you are ‘Damar’
- Have excellent vocational experience in the areas of administration & customer service.
- Be flexible- the sector is every changing and it is important you can adapt to change positively.
- Have excellent Maths, English and IT skills- Functional skills are an essential part to an apprenticeship and to being successful in this role involves supporting students with this aspect of their qualification.
- Be good at building relationships with employers, students and all colleagues.
- Be effective at working to deadlines and targets.
- Be a team player. Damar’s training team is a supportive one and all staff are encouraged to work together, ensuring a standardised approach where applicable.
Typical tasks will include:
- Enrolling a student onto programme and planning for their learning journey.
- Conducting contact with a student to continue their training and assessment.
- The use of assessment methods to determine competency of a student.
- Reviewing with employers and students to feedback on progress and next steps.
- Marking student work via use of an E Portfolio system.
- Ensuring the constant welfare of students that you come into contact with.
- Assisting with the development of resources to ensure up-to-date and high quality delivery.
- Promoting apprenticeships, including encouragement for progression routes.
- Keeping record of student progress including setting SMART targets.
If you like the idea of motivating and encouraging people from all walks of life and enjoy working at varied locations, this job could be exactly what you are looking for.
For a full job description and to find out more, please contact Damar’s Training Manager, Nicola Fletcher on 0161 480 8171 or by email Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Core hours of work: 9:00am - 5:00pm (4:30 finish on Friday)
Damar Training are a successful and growing training provider specialising in delivering a range of exciting new standards-based apprenticeships within the Legal, Financial, Medical, Leadership and Management, Business and Customer Service sectors. Our team of industry experienced Business Development Executives consult with regional and national companies at a senior level to understand their skills needs and present apprenticeship based solutions. We are now actively seeking two additional Business Development Executives to join this dynamic team.
- Generating a pipeline of new apprenticeship starts through a consultative sales approach across a range of SME businesses throughout the North West
- Developing strong networks and building awareness of Damar Training by attending and presenting at networking events and seminars
- Producing costed quotations and proposals in order to win apprenticeship contracts
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of changes to industry funding (Levy), eligibility, legislation and regional grants
- Scheduling regular contact with current employers in person and by telephone to build relationships and increase apprenticeship vacancies
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Damar’s apprenticeship offer such as the newly developed standards, new enhanced content and blended delivery models
- Ensuring regular communication with internal stakeholders such as the delivery team
- Working with Marketing to provide content for e-marketing and social media activity
- Recording all meetings and customer contact using the CRM database
- Creating full, detailed job specifications and recruitment plans for allocation to the Resourcing Team
- Creating engaging and effective vacancy advertisements
- Ensuring that all health and safety and insurance paperwork is up to date
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Track record in new business development and account management within an apprenticeship or recruitment setting
- The ability to engage with a decision maker, analyse the organisation’s skills and recruitment needs in order to discover apprenticeship and training based solutions
- Networking and presentation skills
- Well-developed verbal, written and face-to-face communication skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Good level of IT skills including use of CRM systems and MS Office applications
- Energetic and driven to exceed targets whilst maintaining quality and high levels of customer service
- Natural ability to build trusting relationships
- Passionate about supporting businesses and seeing their apprentices succeed and progress
- Professional, personable and approachable
- Can-do, positive attitude
- Able to work as part of a busy team
- Organised and well-presented
For a full job description/to apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com