Many small employers fear that the process of recruiting, managing and developing the skills of a young employee will be complex and risky. However this needn’t be the case and employers who don’t recruit school and college leavers risk missing out on the next generation’s energy, enthusiasm and creativity - all of which are vital for businesses to grow.
Damar Training and Linder Myers solicitors are co-hosting a free breakfast seminar on Tuesday 28th April, at the Apprenticeship Store in Stockport. Damar Training has been helping businesses recruit and train young people in Stockport for over 30 years. Linder Myers solicitors understand the legal and regulatory environment facing employers.
The event is a must for anyone looking to recruit an apprentice or anyone who manages young employees.
The seminar will cover:
- Recruiting young people.
- The increase in the school leaving age to 18.
- Health and safety considerations.
- Employment contracts for apprentices.
- Working hours.
- The changes to the National Minimum Wage and National Insurance for apprentices.
- Additional grant funding (up to £4,500 per head is currently available in Stockport).
- Funding support available for qualifications.
- Managing young people.
The event is aimed primarily at Stockport and South Manchester-based businesses, particularly those who are interested in recruiting apprentices or already employ apprentices or employees aged under 21. There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions, including of employers who already have apprentices.
Tickets for this free event are on a first come first served basis - book your place here.