Damar Training has a 40-year legacy of successfully delivering apprenticeship training. We have worked with thousands of apprentices and many of the country’s leading employers. We help businesses to thrive through the recruitment of talented apprentices and developing the skills of their new and existing employees.
With offices in Manchester, we deliver apprenticeships across England in business admin, accountancy, customer service, legal admin, medical admin. paralegal, chartered legal executive, team leadership and management. By focussing on these specific areas, we have become industry-leading experts in the provision of professional apprenticeship standards for SMEs and levy payers, within the private and public sectors.
If you are interested in working for us, please see our job vacancies page.
We work with our partner-employers to create:
- Individuals empowered to achieve lifelong personal and career development
- The foundations for staff to work effectively and professionally in business support roles
- Improvements in the quality of care delivered to clients and patients
- Innovative, forward-thinking leaders
- The technical development required for the careers of future accountants and lawyers
- Staff who can communicate effectively and work with numbers in the context of their role
Our expertise is underpinned by:
- Specialising in niche areas and forming lasting partnerships with employers in order to provide tailored apprenticeship programmes in accounting, business, management, legal and professional skills
- Extensive experience of working with large employers (e.g. JB Leitch, The Co-op and Aldermore Bank), the public sector (e.g. the NHS, Greater Manchester Police and Crown Prosecution Service), as well as SMEs
- Being an Ofsted ‘good’ provider with “high quality teaching, training and assessment”
- An account managed service to ensure your apprentices are on target and your business needs are being met
- Being an early adopter of apprenticeship standards, including being an integral player in the development of the legal apprenticeship standards
- Our Profiler system which enables us to effectively identify gaps in apprentices' skills, knowledge and behaviours as well as clearly demonstrate the impact of our training
- A flexible approach to teaching and training, with materials and meetings planned around your business
- Tutors and coaches with qualifications and industry expertise in their specialist area
- Our tried and tested, sophisticated e-learning platform to support apprentices across England with a range of interactive webinars, discussion forums, expert input, workbooks, videos and other online resources
We are constantly striving to improve our training delivery and the impact that we have on the lives of our apprentices and the success of our partner-employers. Some of our recent developments include:
- Empowering apprentices to feel more accountable for their own learner journey
- Increasing the use of technology, such as video conferencing and MS Bookings
- Introducing more opportunities for peer to peer learning, including group discussion forums with other apprentices at similar points in their programme
- Planning shorter but more regular interactions with Damar coaches and tutors
- Creating a completions team, who specialise in supporting apprentices post-gateway, in preparation for their end-point assessment
- Increasing subject specialist input, enabled by technology, so that we are no longer limited by geography
Whether you are an existing or prospective client or someone who is simply interested in apprenticeships, we hope that you find our website useful. If you would like any more information please do not hesitate to get in touch – we would love to speak to you.