Here at Damar Training we offer exciting and rewarding career opportunities. We have a vision of helping apprentices and their employers reach their potential, and this extends to our colleagues. If we don’t have a current vacancy that is right for you but you share our values, can enhance our service to employers and apprentices, and have experience then we’d love to hear from you. Just email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
Damar is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all staff to share this commitment.
In support of this commitment successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks which will include, but are not limited to, satisfactory references and a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We currently have the following vacancies:
Working closely with the Quality Manager, you will carry out purposeful quality assurance activity that robustly scrutinises all aspects of performance, results in quality improvement and, supports the business in the pursuit of outstanding quality, efficient and profitable delivery and a consistent, one-team approach.
The post will be for 3 days per week, salary to be discussed.
- Location: As set out in your terms and conditions of employment
- Normal hours of work: As set out in your terms and conditions of employment
- Reporting to: Quality Manager
Timetable and Next Steps
Please read the full job description here or see below.
To apply, please complete the application form and send to email@example.com. If you are viewing this vacancy on Indeed, please go to www.damartraining.com/about-us/work-with-us/ to download the application form.
- Application closing date: 11th Nov 2020
- Interviews: w/c 23rd Nov 2020 – possibly into w/c 30th Nov 2020
- Potential start date: Jan 2021
The safe recruitment of staff is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. The recruitment process will follow our Policy for Safer Recruitment (a copy of which is available on request). Our policy also aims to ensure that:
- No applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds including race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partner status, disability or age.
- All job applicants are considered equally and consistently.
- The best possible staff are recruited on the basis of their merits, abilities and suitability for the position.
Generate meaningful feedback on the quality of our provision, through conducting a range of activities, including:
- Internal verification activity in line with awarding body requirements
- Sampling all aspects of apprenticeship delivery
- Observations of coaching and training sessions
- Collating feedback from colleagues, students, employers, and other key stakeholders
Collate information and data on key indicators of quality, including:
- The quality of teaching and learning experience
- Contractual requirements in relation to funding
- Regulatory requirements of awarding organisations and EPA organisations
- Customer satisfaction
Conduct first-line analysis of data and information to identify trends and points of note
Provide colleagues with clear, accurate and timely reports on the quality assurance activity above
Contribute to scheduling, planning and running external quality assurance activity, such as EQA visits and Ofsted inspections.
- ICT literate with good Excel and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to effectively manage conflicting and competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
Knowledge and Qualifications
- L4 qualification in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
- Knowledge of delivery of apprenticeships
- Up to date subject knowledge and/or relevant experience in Business Administration, Management and Functional Skills
- Knowledge of regulations relating to apprenticeship funding, awarding organisations, EPA organisations and Ofsted
- Up to date subject knowledge and or relevant experience in conveyancing
- Professional approach
- Flexible with the ability to work around changing business needs
- Team player
- To comply with the requirements of our Employee Handbook and our policy documents
- To promote the equality of opportunity within our organisation
- To demonstrate commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners
- An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement of all roles at Damar that may include sole supervision of young people or vulnerable adults