Damar always welcomes applications, including speculative applications, from enthusiastic people who can help us to enhance the service that we provide to our customers. We particularly welcome applications from people with ethnic minority or other backgrounds that are currently underrepresented in our team.
All successful applicants will have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and job offers are conditional on a satisfactory check being carried out.
We currently have the following vacancies:
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23rd November 2018
Interviews will be held on week commending 26th November 2018.
Working with Damar's business development team in Stockport, you will sell the benefits of apprenticeships to businesses in the North-West and help employers plan and manage their apprenticeship programmes. You will be happy working autonomously and to agreed targets.
- Location: Stockport
- Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm, Friday 9am – 4.30pm
- Reporting to: Business Development Manager
The contents of this job description are not exhaustive. You may also be asked to perform other related duties relevant to the level of your role to meet the ongoing needs of our business.
- Manage existing client relationships
- Develop new client relationships
- Demonstrate strong product knowledge to clients
- Manage the recruitment of apprentices by your employers
- Promote the benefits to employers of Apprenticeships for existing staff
- Networking and attending client or learner engagement events
- Achieve monthly targets set
- Maintain accurate and up to date client records
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both in writing and face to face/by telephone
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with CRM systems
- The ability to plan your workflow and deliver against time and set targets
Knowledge and qualifications
- Strong product knowledge including Apprenticeship Standards and Funding
- Business to business sales experience
- Track record of achieving results in a target-driven sales environment
Personal attributes and behaviours
- Be self-motivated and driven
- Enjoy working towards targets and take pride in exceeding them
- Be professional, personable and approachable
- Be a team player
- Flexible with the ability to work around changing business needs
- To comply with the requirements of our Employee Handbook
- To promote the equality of opportunity within our organisation
- To demonstrate commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners
- An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement of all roles at Damar that may include sole supervision of young people or vulnerable adults
- A car, insured for business use and full driving licence